Saturday 11 June 2016

Stanza vuota

Room by GothicNarcissusI will keep this lonely room
Empty for you, empty for you.
I will leave everything
Unchanged, unaffected.
Everything will stay the same,
Nothing’s ever gonna change.

Forever, I will keep this room
Empty for you, empty for you.
I will leave the streetlights on,
Shining for you, shining for you.
I will sing the songs we knew
Just to feel close to you.

I’ll write your name
In my sacred scripture,
As if you were still
A part of the picture.

I’ve seen the picture on the wall
Falling down on the floor,
Breaking into a thousand pieces
Near my feet, and I bleed.
Gluing back the picture frame,
Putting it back on the nail on the wall.

I will keep my heart undressed,
Open for you, open for you,
The empty space which you left
In my chest, in my chest,
And I will sing the songs we knew
Just to feel close to you.

[ Room – Eivør ]
 
È vero: non c’è nulla, nel mondo reale, che possa competere con un sogno. È anche vero che, in alcuni momenti, il mondo reale non ci prova nemmeno. Tipo negli ultimi quattro anni: è facile affezionarsi a un sogno e lasciargli spazio nel tuo cuore se non c’è nessuna, e dico nessuna valida alternativa. D’altra parte, non posso nemmeno dire che lo sto inseguendo, questo sogno: svegliarmi sarebbe troppo brutto. Mi basta semplicemente stringermelo contro mentre mi addormento.
Onestamente, non mi aspettavo, né desideravo, che questa canzone diventasse la descrizione di una mia piccola ossessione, o che un mio autoritratto sentimentale avesse quest’aspetto, eppure eccomi qui, con Tumblr e Facebook che mi ricordano che è quattro anni fa che mi sono perso in una foto.
Ma poi, chi me lo fa fare, di ritrovarmi e lasciarla andare?

No comments:

Post a Comment